With very, very, very few exceptions, it’s SOP [Stanard Operating Procedure for all you non-militants] for me to NOT forward emails. It’s also usually a good assumption when one assumes that I DON’T want to have your crap forwarded to me. Thanks to pretty much everyone who complies with my previously unspoken policy. Now, on a more on-topic note, my Mom has recently started becoming and Internet junkie. She’s learning to use Email [Insert plug for Mozilla Thunderbird] and the Internet general. Well, I received this forward from her tonight, so rather than fill your already overflowing inbox with stuff you probably wouldn’t read anyway, I’m posting the forward here so that you have to read it to get to the rest of my content below and to hopefully start some sort of war in my new threaded comments!
Worst president in history?
(The following appeared in the Durham, NC, local paper as a letter to the editor.)
Liberals claim President Bush shouldn’t have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S history.
Let’s clear up one point: President Bush didn’t start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11. Let’s look at the “worst” president and mismanagement claims:
- FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.
- Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.
- John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.
- Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden’s head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. Over 2,900 lives lost on 9/11.
- In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.
Worst president in history? Come on! The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but consider this:
- It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.
- We’ve been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
- It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.
- It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!
Our military is GREAT! Period.